My apologies. I am late with this blog, and especially because http://runesandrhinestones.wordpress.com/ awarded my blog with the LIEBSTER AWARD. That doesn’t make my thanks any less though. So thank you!!!
As many past recipients of this award have pointed out the origins of this award seems to have gotten lost in blogosphere…. so why it is called the Liebster Award and where it started will stay a mystery…
Maybe the origin of this award started with a young couple – German off course with Liebster meaning beloved and sweetheart – who were very much in love. They struggled to make ends meet. The woman was a writer and struggled to get published. Every month her lover would award her a ‘Liebster’ award for all her writing. She was trying very hard (as we as writers know –it’s a tough world out there) and she got published in local newspapers, even glamorous magazines and she also tried to update her blog regularly. The awards he gave her were never expensive. Sometimes a beautiful flower or pot plant, other times a lovely handcrafted piece of chocolate or a book he found in the second-hand bookstore, or maybe a little picture he made. Years passed and she became a very famous author with many books published, and guess what? The Liebster Award still exists for them. Every month he still gives her a small gift for all her writing and this will forever be her main encouragement. AAaaawwww
Anyway the rules of this award are as follows:
– Post eleven facts about yourself.
– Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you have nominated.
– Choose eleven people to give this award to (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
– Go to their page and tell them and
– Remember no tag backs.
So here we go, eleven facts about myself:
- I love any jelly sweets and will easily eat a packet by myself.
- I am a closet-chef, I love cooking and baking. I just wish I had more time to try things ….
- I can lift my right eyebrow higher than the left one – my party trick.
- Most opera music makes me cry – it is so beautiful.
- I love playing the cello and often wonder if I had started playing the cello as child (not five years ago) would I have hated it by now, or would I have turned professional?
- When I started working as a journalist I really thought one day I would be a war correspondent for a newspaper. That never happened.
- I love evenings with only my hubby and a glass of red wine in front of the fire – peace at last!
- Summer in Ireland is never really summer!
- I am not a patient person.
- I love a good book any day….
Answers to the questions set:
- What’s one word that you can never remember how to spell? Necessary or is it neccessary
- If you could learn one language without the hard work, what would it be? Definitely Spanish, so many people in the world speak it, it would be worth it.
- If you could travel anywhere, right now and with no expense, where would you go? Russia
- What’s one thing you regret? That I didn’t work harder on my music when I was still a child and could have picked it up so much faster!
- What is your favourite book? I have so many, but Khaled Hosseini’s ‘A thousand splendid suns’ and ‘Kite runner’ must be two of my favourites.
- Tell me about one of your favourite memories. I suppose the first time I fell pregnant, just waking up every morning knowing I will never be the same – frightening it was as well, but full of a new adventure….
- Would you consider yourself a feminist? If not, why not? Yes, although not the burn-your-bra-type, more the ‘you think women can’t do that? Ha, I’ll show you.”
- Where would you like to be in ten years time? In a peaceful world….
- Do you a have a weird habit/hobby? Whenever I buy a newspaper I always take the second one in the pile, never the one on the top.
- What’s your favourite sense? Taste, touch, smell … and why? Touch, I suppose because it is comforting…
- What’s the one thing that grosses you out more than anything else? The programme about weird bodies on television – can’t think of the name.
My eleven questions:
- What is your favourite board game?
- What is your best childhood memory?
- The word you like best and why?
- If you could learn anything, what would it be?
- What is your favourite hobby?
- If you can have a meal with anybody, who would you want it to be with?
- What is your favourite dessert?
- What scares you the most and why?
- If you could play any musical instrument, which one would it be?
- Did you ever take part in a team sport? If so which one?
- What would your wish be for the world?
And at last my nominations:
My apologies if you have over 200 followers, or if you just can’t be bothered with this. I couldn’t find more, but do check out the above mentioned blogs, they are great!!!